This is for people who have received the OpenAgile Readiness Certificate, this course is a key component for advancing your learning to the next level – the level of being able to function effectively as a Team Member in OpenAgile. This training gives you hands-on exposure to the OpenAgile team environment, and practice with all the core OpenAgile techniques for accelerating learning and moving systematically towards your goals.
January 26-27, 2010
Soloway Jewish Community Centre
21 Nadolny Sachs Private
Ottawa, Ontario K2A 1R9
Directions to Soloway Jewish Community Centre also known as The Joseph & Rose Ages Family Building
To register for this seminar!
Interesting article about a team:
EIGHT TEAM MUST-HAVES
On certain kinds of problems, Prof. Richard Field says a team always comes up with better solutions than does an individual. He offers these eight must-haves for a successful team…
- Must have a meaningful purpose that all members care about.
- Can’t be too large. Some experts suggest capping at 20. Field cautions against there being too little work for all members.
- Needs a diverse set of skills appropriate to the goals.
- Needs to be physically together. Even having some team members on different floors can hurt the team.
- Succeeds or fails together. No stars or scapegoats.
- Shares leadership. Of course there is one leader, but he or she should be willing to step aside when another team member’s skills are required.
- Has strong shared norms and expectations of behaviour. These are soft skills that often need to be taught.
- Needs time. “You lose advantages if you hurry,” Prof. Field says. “Slow it down for the process to work.”
Note: Was originally posted on the Financial Post!
We at Berteig Consulting have been developing OpenAgile with the OpenAgile Champions and we are ready to hold the first ever public OpenAgile Team Member training session. OpenAgile is a new method of using Agile methods for all kinds of work (beyond just software and IT). Now we have our first ever public OpenAgile Team Member Training. The first seminar is taking place in Ottawa, our nation’s capital.
Date: January 26-27, 2009
For more information visit: http://www.berteigconsulting.com/OpenAgileCertificationOATrainingJanuary2010OttawaOntarioCanada
OpenAgile is a system for rapidly delivering value that is based on Truthfulness, Consultative Decision-Making and constant learning. OpenAgile is an “open source” process – a community of practitioners is helping to build it, and anyone can learn about it and use it and then contribute back to it!