Leading an organization to Real Agility is a complex and difficult task. However, the core responsibilities of leaders attempting this are simple to describe. This video introduces the three core responsibilities of the senior leadership team as they lead their organization to Real Agility.
The video presents three core responsibilities:
- Communicating the vision for change
- Leading by example
- Changing the organization
Future videos in the series will elaborate on these three core responsibilities.
Real Agility References
Here are some additional references about how leaders can help their organizations move towards Real Agility:
- Here is a great description of Five Things Agile Leaders Must Do.
- Leaders also need to understand how to get help for their teams and their managers. This article on Succeeding with Your Agile Coach is an excellent introduction.
- Much of the research about Leadership Effectiveness is applicable to leading an organization to Real Agility. Check out the Universal Model of Leadership.
- Here is a great Book List for Enterprise Agile Transformations that has a lot of great stuff for leaders.
- Travis Birch has written an extensive article called Reflections on Agile Business Leadership.
- We strongly recommend investigating the Certified Agile Leadership training delivered by Michael Sahota in collaboration with BERTEIG/WorldMindware.
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive notifications when each new video is published! (There are 15 more videos coming in this series, and more beyond that on other topics!) You can also find the summary article that helps you find all the videos and additional references here: Leading to Real Agility – Introduction.
Mishkin Berteig presents the concepts in this video series. Mishkin has worked with leaders for over fifteen years to help them create better businesses. Mishkin is a certified Leadership Circle Profile practitioner and a Certified Scrum Trainer. Mishkin is co-founder of BERTEIG. The Real Agility program includes assessment, and support for delivery teams, managers and leaders.