Leading an organization to Real Agility requires that you communicate the vision for change throughout your organization. This video introduces the four key concepts of communicating this vision for change as you and your executive team lead your organization to Real Agility.
The video presents four core concepts:
- Continuous communication at every opportunity: every meeting, every phone call, every email, every presentation!
- Simplicity of the message: short, jargon-free, concrete.
- An emotional component that encourages a change in behaviour.
- And urgency! (A window of opportunity, a competitive threat or an internal problem that needs to be addressed now.)
Leading to Real Agility References
Here are some additional references about how leaders can help their organizations move towards Real Agility by communicating the vision for change:
- The books by John Kotter about organizational change are all excellent… for leaders, I particularly recommend “Leading Change” and “The Heart of Change”.
- For a short version, here is an article by Kotter about the need to communicate the vision for change constantly!
- A fun comic about communication at xkcd – it’s a bit hard to follow, but the punchline is brilliant.
- We strongly recommend investigating the Certified Agile Leadership training delivered by Michael Sahota in collaboration with BERTEIG/WorldMindware.
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive notifications when each new video is published! (There are 15 more videos coming in this series, and more beyond that on other topics!) You can also find the summary article that helps you find all the videos and additional references here: Leading to Real Agility – Introduction.
Mishkin Berteig presents the concepts in this video series. Mishkin has worked with leaders for over fifteen years to help them create better businesses. Mishkin is a certified Leadership Circle Profile practitioner and a Certified Scrum Trainer. Mishkin is co-founder of BERTEIG. The Real Agility program includes assessment, and support for delivery teams, managers and leaders.