Advanced training for leaders, executives and change agents working in Agile environments.
Your success as a leader in an Agile organization requires looking beyond Agile itself. It requires a deep understanding of your organization and your own leadership path. To equip you for this journey, you will gain a strong foundation in understanding organizational culture. From there, you will learn key organization and leadership models that will allow you to understand how your organizational culture really works.
Now you are ready to start the journey! You will learn about organizational growth – how you may foster lasting change in your organization. Key is understanding how it invite change in a complex system. You will also learn about leadership – how you may show up more effectively. And how to help others.
Though each Certified Agile Leadership course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Agile Leadership courses intend to create awareness of, and begin the journey toward, Agile Leadership.
Graduates will receive the Certified Agile Leadership (CAL 1) designation.
See Scrum Alliance Website for further details.
Agenda (Training Details)
We create a highly interactive dynamic training environment. Each of you are unique – and so is each training. Although the essentials will be covered in every class, you will be involved in shaping the depth and focus of our time together. Each learning module is treated as a User Story (see photo) and we will co-create a unique learning journey that supports everyone’s needs.
The training will draw from the learning areas identified in the overview diagram.
“If you do not manage culture, it manages you, and you may not even be aware of the extent to which this is happening.” – Edgar Schein
- Why Culture? Clarify why culture is critical for Organizational Success.
- Laloux Culture Model: Discuss the Laloux culture model that will help us clarify current state and how to understand other organizations/models.
- Agile Culture: Explore how Agile can be seen as a Culture System.
- Agile Adoption & Transformation: Highlight differences between Agile Adoption and Transformation.
- Dimensions of Culture: Look at key aspects of culture from “Reinventing Organizations”. Where are we and where might we go?
- Culture Case Studies: Organizational Design: Explore how leading companies use innovative options to drive cultural operating systems.
Leadership & Organizational Models
- Theory X – Theory Y: Models of human behaviour that are implicit in various types of management systems.
- Management Paradigms: Contrast of Traditional “Modern” Management practices with Knowledge worker paradigm.
- The Virtuous Cycle: Key drivers of success emergent across different high-performance organizational systems.
- Engagement (Gallup): Gallup has 12 proven questions linked to employee engagement. How can we move the needle?
- Advice Process: More effective decision-making using Advice Process. Build leaders. Practice with advice cards.
- Teal Organizations: Explore what Teal Organizations are like.
- Leading Through Culture: How to lead through culture so that innovation and engagement can emerge.
- VAST – Showing up as Leaders: VAST (Vulnerability, Authentic connection, Safety, & Trust) guides us in showing up as more effective leaders.
- Temenos Trust Workshop: Build trust and charter your learning journey. Intro version of 2 day retreat.
- Compassion Workshop: How to Use Compassion to Transform your Effectiveness.
- Transformational Leadership: See how we may “be the change we want to see” in our organizations.
- Leading Through Context: How to lead through context so that innovation and engagement can emerge.
- Leadership in Hierarchy: Hierarchy impedes innovation. Listening and language tips to improve your leadership.
- Working With Culture: Given a Culture Gap. What moves can we make? Work with Culture or Transformation.
- Complex Systems Thinking: Effective change is possible when we use a Complex Systems model. Cynefin. Attractors. Emergent Change.
- Healthy “Agile” Initiatives: How to get to a healthy initiative. How to focus on the real goals of Agile and clarify WHY.
- People-Centric Change: The methods we use to change must be aligned with the culture we hope to foster. How we may change in a way that values people.
- Transformation Case Study: Walkthrough of how a transformation unfolded with a 100 person internal IT group.