PLEASE NOTE: these are my own notes based on the presentation – any errors or omissions are my own.
TOPIC: Treat People as Adults
- “we need to X first”… e.g. X=architecture
- – this is a parent-child approach – need to tell someone how to do something
- – does this mean we are not adults?
- – only through direction and planning will we do intelligent things
- Story from “Scrum in the Enterprise” about a “team” of 17 people
- vs. treating people as “resources”
- — banter –
- “Maverick” book
TOPIC: Teach “ask the team” by actually asking the team (in the class).
- teaching by example! Using the adults in the class to help answer the question
EDITOR’S NOTE: okay. this is very interesting, but I’m having so much trouble hearing that I’m going to bail on this one. Instead, I believe that Mike Vizdos at implementingscrum.com is also blogging this session. I’m sure his notes will be up soon