PLEASE NOTE: these are my own notes based on the presentation – any errors or omissions are my own.
TOPIC: Treat People as Adults
– “we need to X first”… e.g. X=architecture
– – this is a parent-child approach – need to tell someone how to do something
– – does this mean we are not adults?
– – only through direction and planning will we do intelligent things
– Story from “Scrum in the Enterprise” about a “team” of 17 people
– vs. treating people as “resources”
– — banter —
– “Maverick” book
TOPIC: Teach “ask the team” by actually asking the team (in the class).
– teaching by example! Using the adults in the class to help answer the question
EDITOR’S NOTE: okay. this is very interesting, but I’m having so much trouble hearing that I’m going to bail on this one. Instead, I believe that Mike Vizdos at implementingscrum.com is also blogging this session. I’m sure his notes will be up soon 🙂